The church stands in a now isolated position in a field, set well back from the road.
St Michael’s Church originated in the 12th century, with additions and alterations in the 14th and 15th centuries. The tower and the west part of the nave were demolished in the later part of the 18th century. The church was partly rebuilt in about 1832 and the bellcote added in 1890. Though the church was declared redundant on 23 August 2004 and vested in the Churches Conservation Trust on 19 December 1989, it continues to be used occasionally for worship.
The church is constructed in coursed stone rubble with ashlar dressings, and it has a tiled roof. Its plan consists of a nave and a chancel under a single roof, a south porch, and a bellcote at the east end. The bellcote has a pyramidal roof. Along the sides of the church are buttresses. At the west end is a two-light window. The north wall contains a door and two three-light windows, and in the south wall there are four three-light windows. The east window also has three lights. Some of the windows contain Decoratedtracery, and in others the tracery is Perpendicular. Above the entrance to the porch is a copedparapet, and a stone inscribed with 1830.