Albert Ernest Kitson, 2nd Baron Airedale (7 October 1863 – 11 March 1944) was a British peer. He was inter alia a director of Midland Bank.
Lord and Lady Airedale at the coronation of King George V, 1911
Kitson was the son of
James Kitson, an iron and steel manufacturer in Leeds. He was educated at Rugby and Trinity College, Cambridge, where he gained a BA, before following his father into the family business. 
On 23 January 1890, at
Mill Hill Chapel in Leeds, Kitson married Florence Schunck, the daughter of Edward, Baron von Schunck and his wife Kate Lupton.  
The Kitsons had seven daughters.
Kitson’s father was
elevated to the peerage in 1907. Albert Kitson succeeded to the titles of 2nd Baron Airedale of Gledhow and 2nd Baronet Kitson on his father’s death on 16 March 1911.  As peers of the realm, the Kitsons were invited to the coronation of George V at Westminster Abbey on 22 June 1911. 
Kitson was a director of
Midland Bank.  He was president of the Yorkshire and Leeds Liberal Federations. Prime Minister H. H. Asquith was his guest at Gledhow Hall in November 1913.  
Kitson was chairman of the finance committee and hon vice-president of the
Iron and Steel Institute.  
Like his father, Lord Airedale was a music-lover and supported the
Leeds Triennial Musical Festival; in 1922, Kitson and his sister Hilda, were guarantors of the festival.  
He owned one the country’s finest collections of Leeds pottery.
When the Prime Minister’s wife,
Margaret Lloyd George, visited Leeds in December 1920 for a reception for women supporters of the Liberal Coalition, she stayed at Gledhow Hall.  
This article is issued from web site
. The original article may be a bit shortened or modified. Some links may have been modified. The text is licensed under “Creative Commons – Attribution – Sharealike”  and some of the text can also be licensed under the terms of the “GNU Free Documentation License” . Additional terms may apply for the media files. By using this site, you agree to our Legal pages . Web links: