Panama is a country in Central America with coastlines on the Caribbean Sea and the North Pacific Ocean. It has land borders with Colombia (and South America) to the southeast and Costa Rica to the northwest. Its location on the isthmus that forms the land bridge connecting North and South America has been militarily strategic through history. It controls the Panama Canal that links the North Atlantic Ocean via the Caribbean Sea with the North Pacific Ocean, one of the most important shipping routes in the world.
- For other places with the same name, see Panama (disambiguation).
- 1 Panama City— the capital with 3 districts of interest: the new city, the old city, and the colonial city. From here you can take a day trip to Miraflores – the locks are a good place to view the ships rising and falling as they pass through the Panama Canal.
- 1 Balboa
- 1 Boquete— coffee growing capital of Panama in the Chiriquí Highlands
- 1 Boca Chica— in the Gulf of Chiriquí
- 1 Colón
- 1 David
- 1 Gamboa
- 1 Portobelo— historic Spanish Forts, boats to Colombia, and dive centers