Minnesota is a state in the Midwest of the USA. Although it is known as the Land of 10,000 Lakes, it actually has 21,871 lakes (larger than 2.5 acres). The northern tip of Minnesota that juts into Lake of the Woods is the most northern point in the lower 48 states of the United States.
- 1 St. Paul , the capital and second-largest city, with a historic-looking state capitol.
- 1 Bloomington , home of the Mall of America, and the only IKEA in the state.
- 1 Duluth , the primary city in northeastern Minnesota and gateway to the North Shore and Arrowhead Region.
- 1 Mankato , the hub of the smallest metropolitan area in Minnesota.
- 1 Minneapolis , the largest city in the state and the center of the “North”. Extremely rich in culture and diversity.
- 1 Northfield , on the Cannon River with the motto “Cows, Colleges, and Contentment” and the annual “Defeat of Jesse James Days” celebration.
- 1 Pine City , the primary city in the East Central region, equidistant to Minneapolis and Duluth, and home to the Snake River Fur Post.
- 1 Rochester , the primary city in southeastern Minnesota and a global destination for health and wellness, home to the Mayo Clinic.
- 1 St. Cloud , the largest population center in the State’s central region.