Sivakasi is located:
- 75 km southwest of Madurai via BH 44 and NH 42
- 17 km northwest of Sattur on NH 187
- 26 km southwest of Virudhunagar on NH 42
- 21 km east of Srivilliputhur on NH 42
It is well connected to all parts of Tamil Nadu by bus. Bus service is available from Sivakasi to Madurai throughout the day.
Bus times from Sivakasi:
- To Coimbatore: 6:50, 10:20 AM; 12:30, 1:25, 8:30, 9:10, 10:10 PM.
- To Trichy: 3:15, 5:30, 6:00, 7:45 AM; 12:40, 3:10, 4:20, 5:40, 8:40 PM.
- To Dindugul: 5:20, 7:52, 9:50 AM; 2:55, 7:50 PM.
- To Karaikudi: 3:55, 5:00, 9:00 AM; 12:45, 2:45, 3:00, 7:57 PM, midnight
- To Rameswaram: 6:50, 8:20, 10:20 AM; 1:40, 4:45 PM
- To Tirupur: 9:07 AM; 8:35 PM
- To Palani: 7:07 AM
- To Virudhunagar and Madurai: 24-hour bus service available (once in every 10 minutes)
- To Chennai: 18:30 PM – State Transport; 18:30 PM – Parveen Travels; 18:30 PM – Sonai Meena; 18:30 PM – Muthu Mari Travels; 19:30 PM – Parveen Travels
Trains to all major cities of India are available from Virudhunagar junction which is 25 km from Sivakasi.
From Sivakasi railway station:
- Pothigai Express Train No.2662 from Sengottai to Chennai Egmore runs on all days via Sivakasi at 9PM.
And also Chennai Egmore to Sengottai No.2661 also runs on all days via Sivakasi at 6AM.
- Twice daily passenger – to Madurai via Virudhunagar, Tirumangalam
- Twice daily to Tenkasi via Srivilliputhur, Rajapalayam, Sankarankoil
From Sengottai to Erode via Thenkasi, Sankarankoil, Rajapalayam, Srivilliputhur, Sivakasi, Virudhunagar, Madurai, Dindigul, and Karur.
You can get around Sivakasi in
- Taxi & tourist van
- Auto rickshaw
- Mini bus
- Kasi Viswanatha Swamy Temple
- Sri Badrakaliamman Temple – the Rajagopuram is believed to be the tallest of all kali temple towers in the state.
- Sri Mariamman Temple
- Ninranarayanaperumal koil, Thiruthangal, Sivakasi
- Printing Press
- Fireworks Industries
- Safety Match Industries
Sivakasi is known for printing industry and match boxes and its highly industrious nature and was given the nickname Kutty Japan (meaning “Little Japan” in Tamil) by Jawaharlal Nehru.
Sivakasi may be called as “A town of three industries”, namely – printing/offset printing press, fireworks, and safety matches & colour matches.
Sivakasi has the second-most offset printing machines in the world, next to Guthenburg, Germany.
- Adlabs Cinemas
- Thangamani Cinemas
- Palaniyandavar Cinemas
- Palaniandavar Theatre
- Adlabs Ganesh Theatre
- Adlabs Balaganesh Theatre
- Thangamani Theatre
- Rasi Theatre
- ChinnaKani Theatre
- Panguni Pongal (Apr 1/2 week)
- Chithirai Pongal (May 1/2/3 week)
- Karthigai (Nov/Dec)
- Aathirai (Dec/Jan)
The list of hotels in Sivakasi:
- Bell Hotels & Lodging
- DOSA Corner
- Karpagam Hotel
- Kali Das Mess
- Vijayam Mess
- Hotel Palson
- Hotel Murugesh
- Hotel Aruna & Vasanth
- Hotel Chidambaram
- Hotel Pandy-by-night
- Hotel Appans
- Hotel Megha
- Selvam Mess
- Appans Hotel
- Kathick Hotel