The Synagogue of Livorno is a historic synagogue in Livorno, Italy.
The first Synagogue of Livorno, called Tempio Maggiore, dates back to 1603. The synagogue was built in a modest and simple style by Claudio Cogorano and Alessandro Pieroni. In the following years the synagogue was enlarged to accommodate an increase of Livorno’s Jewish population to approximately 3,000 people. The project to build a larger worship hall and to add galleries was undertaken by Francesco Cantagallina in 1642. The Torah ark was built with inlaid colored marble by Isidoro Baratta from Carrara, surmounted by a silver crown with a topaz set on it. The bimah was built with the same technique, and the ceiling was enriched with stuccoes, decorations and gilt.
The temple underwent structural renovation by Ignazio Fazzi following an earthquake in 1742. In addition, a second row of gallery was built for women. After the work was completed, the temple hall was the second largest after that of the Synagogue of Amsterdam, measuring 28 meters long by 26 meters wide. On September 20, 1789, the first evening of Rosh Hashanah 5550 according to the Hebrew calendar, the newly renovated synagogue was inaugurated. In the 19th century the synagogue was further expanded, and a new southern façade was built.
The Synagogue of Livorno was partially destroyed during World War II.