Kidapawan is the capital city of Cotabato Province with a rapidly growing population of more than 130,000.
It’s probably the best jumping-off point if you wish to climb Mount Apo, the Philippines’ highest mountain.
- Kidapawan City Tourism Council. phone +63 64-278-3344. has a office in the plaza near City hall.
Cebuano is the dominant language spoken in Kidapawan. Other settlers speak Hiligaynon, Ilocano and Magindanao. Most of the people can also speak Tagalog (Filipino) and English.
The nearest airport is in Davao City, and you can buy tickets for Philippines Airlines or Cebu Pacific airlines from an agent at the Gaisano Grand Mall from 10AM-7PM.
- From Davao City via Digos every hour with Mindanao Star. 3 hours, ₱150.
- From Cotabato via Matalam with Mindanao Star, ₱150.
- From Tacurong with a minivan, ₱120.
- Minivans also go from Kidapawan to Tacurong, 68 km, and from Tacurong there are buses to Koronadal 31 km.
- The van fare from Davao city to Kidapawan, 118 km, is ₱150 and the trip takes 3 hours.
- The van from Kidapawan to Tacurong costs ₱120.
- Ferries from Cebu City, Manila, Iloilo, Bacolod, Bohol island arrive at Cagayan de Oro port.
There are many motor tricycles that charge ₱8 for a 2-km ride.
- Gaisano Grand Mall & Gaisano Supermarket, purok 1 lanao. 10AM-7PM. A wide selection of retail outlets with many fast food places.
- Unitop Department Store., Perez Street. 9AM-8PM. (updated Oct 2016)