Eluru is the capital of West Godavari District in Andhra Pradesh. It is a small colorful City with an area of 14.5sqkm. It is 6th biggest city in Andhra Pradesh with a population of 3.5 lakh.
There are now flights to Vijayawada from Hyderabad, Chennai and Bangalore. Vijayawada is less than a hour bus ride away.
One can also use a flight (National or International) to Hyderabad airport and take a train (6 to 7 hour travel) to Eluru. For other international connections, Chennai can also be used which is an 10 hour train ride from Eluru City.
There are plenty of long-distance trains available at the Vijayawada Station to get to any part of the country and Eluru also has a railway station which has an halt from Every Train passing through it.
Local (suburban) train travel is available between Eluru Rajahmundry and Vijayawada.
- APS RTC buses travel to longer distances with in the state as well outside the state, for example to Hyderabad and Bangalore.
- Private buses — many private buses travel across the region covering both center city, suburban and rural areas.
- Parking in the city is improving. It may be easy to park two wheelers, but finding parking for Cars bit harder. Generally parking is provided by the city government as well as the business owners.
Almost all the locations in the city can be accessed by foot, all the roads are pedestrian friendly as most of them contains footpaths.
There are two functional bus stations in the city. Eluru New bus station and Eluru Old bus station. Buses ply from these stations based on destinations. Frequent intermediate buses are available in-between them.
All the roads in Eluru had a minimum width of 3.7 metres which makes travel ease with cars and other four wheelers. Taxi services are also available in the city.
Using the local trains, Eluru city region can be accessed with the following train stops. The circular trains are to be introduced in the near future.
- Vatluru(Eluru Western Suburban)
- Eluru Main (1 Town)
- Powerpet (Downtown area)
- Denduluru (Eluru East Suburban)
- Bhimadole (Elurur Rural)
Auto-rikshaw is one of the major transportation mode available in the city. Over 10,000 autos are registered within the city and its suburban areas
- Motorbike/Bicycle Motorbiking or cycling in downtown and busy areas can often be quicker than taking the auto-rickshaw or a taxi.
- Abhaya Buddha Statue, 1 Town. 74 feet statue of Abhaya Budhha in a pond.
- Brundhavan Gardens, Pathebad. Recreational park with walking track.
- R.R.Pet Park, R.R.Pet. Children park.
- Janmabhoomi Park, N.R.Pet. Recreational park on the banks of Tammileru river.
- Kolleru Lake. Largest fresh water lake, present at a distance of 10km from the city.
- Holy Land, Sanivarapupeta. Only two of its type in India, present at a distance of 7km from bustation and railway station.
- DwarakaTirumala. Also known as Chinna Tirupathi, is located ata distance of 40km from the city, is home from Lord Venkateswara.
- Guntupalli Buddhist Monuments. Located at a distance of 40km from the city. caves carved in ancient period by Buddists are located here.
- Indian Institute Of Oil Palm Research, Pedavegi. Located at a distance of 10km from the city.
- Kothur Mill. (updated Nov 2016)