Headquartered in Australia, the company has offices in the United Kingdom and the United Arab Emirates.
AxiCorp Financial Services Pty Ltd was founded in 2007. The company was initially operating as AxiTrader but has rebranded to become Axi in October 2020.
The company opened its London branch in 2012 and in 2015 launched its operations in China. In 2016, the company expanded its operation in Germany, Latin America and the Middle East. In 2018, Axi obtained a DFSA license and opened a new Dubai office within the DIFC.
Part of its global expansion, Axi acquired One Financial Markets (OFM) in August 2018. In February 2020 it acquired UK-based Star Financial Systems.
Axi is regulated by ASIC in Australia, the FCA in the United Kingdom and the DFSA in the United Arab Emirates.
According to the company, Axi is serving 60,000+ clients in over 100 countries. The FY20 trading volume stood at $2.58 trillion.
Axi provides access to the online trading network through the MetaTrader 4 (“MT4”) electronic trading platform. Axi facilitates MT4 trading through Microsoft Windows and Apple iOS, on mobile applications on the iOS and Android platforms, and through internet web browsers.
Other products include
- MT4 WebTrader – allows traders to use any internet browser or any device
- MT4 VPS Hosting – allows traders to have dedicated 24/7 connectivity
- Trading Signal providers – offers strategies and trading systems for MT4
- PsyQuation – provides trading performance analysis and mentoring.
Axi offers demo trading accounts for virtual trading and education purposes and live accounts for active trading in foreign exchange and commodities markets. There are two forms of Live trading accounts: Standard account which is the default for retail traders and a Pro account for professional traders that provides preferential spreads.
Axi also offers Islamic trading accounts tailored to Islamic traders. This account type features no swap fees or interest payments and is ideal for those who are unable to earn or pay interest due to religious beliefs.
- 2012: “Best Spreads”, CiOT Expo 
- 2013: “Best IB and Affiliate Program Worldwide”, CiOT Expo 
- 2013: “Best Forex Broker Asia”, CiOT Expo
- 2013: “Most Recommended Forex Provider in Australia”, Investment Trends, Australia FX Report
- 2013: “#1 for Customer Service, Investment Trends”, Australia FX Report
- 2014: “Financial Institution of the Year”, Asia-Pacific Financial Investment Association
- 2014: “Strongest Brand Association with Being Trustworthy”, Investment Trends, Australia FX Report
- 2017: “Highest Overall Client Satisfaction”
- 2017: “Most Reliable Forex Broker”
- 2018: “Best MT4 Broker”
- 2018: “Best MT4 Provider”, UK Forex Awards
- 2018: “Most Trusted Forex Broker”, UK Forex Awards
- 2019: “Best MT4 Forex Broker”
- 2019: “Best Forex Broker Europe”
- 2019: “Best Forex Broker Middle East”
- 2020: “Best EMEA Region Broker Award”