Mount Pleasant-South Main is a district of Vancouver south of 6th Ave. It has long been a mixed residential, commercial and industrial area. Its main draws are Queen Elizabeth Park, and the restaurants and eclectic shops along Main Street.
- #3 runs up and down Main Street.
The Canada Line follows Cambie Street on its way between downtown and the airport/Richmond with two stations of interest:
- Olympic Village— Connects with the #50 bus to Granville Island.
- King Edward— A few blocks walk to Queen Elizabeth Park and Nat Bailey Stadium.
- Queen Elizabeth Park, 33rd & Cambie (alternate entrance off 33rd Ave across from Nat Bailey Stadium). An old quarry that was converted into a number of gardens and ponds. The top of the park is the highest point in the city of Vancouver and offers views of the entire city. Free.
- Bloedel Floral Conservatory, top of Queen Elizabeth Park. Daily 10AM-5PM. Tropical plants and birds under the white dome. Adult $4.60, child $2.30.
- Vancouver City Hall (Cambie & 12 St). Built on the rise over False Creek, the building has nice grounds and provides a different view into downtown Vancouver and the mountains behind.