- For other places with the same name, see Wahpeton (disambiguation).
Wahpeton, along with its sister city, Breckenridge, are referred to as Two States. Two Cities. One community.
- By car: exit 23 from I-29
- Richland County Hisorical Museum (7th Avenue & 2nd Street North, near the entrance of Chahinkapa Park), ☎+1 701 642-3075. 1PM-4PM on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, closed during the winter.
- Chahinkapa Park and Zoo (First Street and Seventh Avenue), ☎+1 701 642-8709. Open May through September. Zoo features 200 animals, including Siberian tigers, kangaroos, otters, bears, snow leopards, and monkeys. Admission fee $5, $4.50 seniors, and $2 for children under 13
- The Big Catfish (Near City Hall). This large catfish statue is visible from Highway 10 and is next to a dock.