The Beauregard-Keyes House is a historic residence located at 1113 Chartres Street in the French Quarter, New Orleans, Louisiana. It is currently a museum focusing on some of the past residents of the house, most notably Confederate General Pierre Gustave Toutant Beauregard and American author Frances Parkinson Keyes.
The property where the house would be built was originally owned by Ursuline nuns, who sold off parcels of their land in 1825. The home was designed by François Correjolles and built by James Lambert in 1826 for auctioneer Joseph LeCarpentier. In his design, Correjolles combined elements of a Creole cottage with Greek Revival features, including a Palladian façade. In particular, he used Creole forms in the interior and on the rear elevation, as well as a cabinet gallery and detached outbuildings, but maintaining the American tradition of a central hall. Consul of Switzerland John A. Merle became the owner in 1833 and his wife, Anais Philippon, added the adjoining garden.
By 1865, the home was purchased by a local grocer named Dominique Lanata, who rented it out until 1904. His first tenants were the Beauregards.Pierre Gustave Toutant Beauregard married his second wife, Caroline Deslonde, in 1860. Caroline was the daughter of André Deslonde, a sugar planter from St. James Parish. The newlyweds honeymooned briefly in the house. Mrs. Beauregard died in 1864.
After the American Civil War, Beauregard returned to 1113 Chartres Street and lived in the house from 1866 to 1868. He then moved with his son René and a widowed older sister to a home at 934 Royal Street, where he lived until 1875.
In 1925, a new owner of the house wanted to tear it down to erect factories. Local women formed the Beauregard Memorial Association to preserve the home, though the garden could not be saved.