Mukim Lumapas

Mukim Lumapas is a mukim in Brunei-Muara District, Brunei. It has an area of 62.10 square kilometres (23.98 sq mi);[1] the population was 7,756 in 2016.[2]

Mukim of Brunei
This article is about the mukim subdivision. For the village, see Kampong Lumapas.

Mukim in Brunei-Muara, Brunei
Mukim Lumapas
Country Brunei
District Brunei-Muara
Area

[1]
  Total 62.10 km2 (23.98 sq mi)
Population

 (2016)[2]
  Total 7,756
  Density 120/km2 (320/sq mi)
Time zone UTC+8 (BNT)
Postcode
BJxx24

. . . Mukim Lumapas . . .

The mukim is named after Kampong Lumapas, one of the villages it encompasses.[citation needed]

The mukim is located in the south of the district, bordering the mukims within Kampong Ayer and Mukim Kianggeh to the north, Mukim Kota Batu to the north and east, Limbang District in Sarawak, Malaysia to the east and south, Mukim Pengkalan Batu to the west and Mukim Kilanas to the west and north.

As of 2016 census,[2] the population was 7,756 with 49.7% males and 50.3% females. The mukim had 1,208 households occupying 1,187 dwellings. Among the population, 2.3% lived in urban areas, while the remainder of 97.7% lived in rural areas.

For the postcode villages, see List of postcodes in Brunei § Mukim Lumapas.

As of 2016, the mukim comprised the following census villages:[2]

Village Population
(2016)
Kampong Baong 246
Kampong Buang Sakar 46
Kampong Buang Tekurok 188
Kampong Kasat 1,029
Kampong Kilugus 1,638
Kampong Lumapas 2,709
Kampong Lupak Luas 472
Kampong Tarap Bau 258
Kampong Sungai Asam 178
Kampong Panchor[lower-alpha 1] 627
Kampong Putat 364
Total 7,756

As of 2004, the mukim had three primary schools, three secondary schools, four mosques, a post office and four police posts.[1]

. . . Mukim Lumapas . . .

This article is issued from web site Wikipedia. The original article may be a bit shortened or modified. Some links may have been modified. The text is licensed under “Creative Commons – Attribution – Sharealike” [1] and some of the text can also be licensed under the terms of the “GNU Free Documentation License” [2]. Additional terms may apply for the media files. By using this site, you agree to our Legal pages . Web links: [1] [2]

. . . Mukim Lumapas . . .