Doyle Doss is an inventor and founder of Doss Products in Eureka, California.
- Kandle Heeter candle holder
- Eye to Eye hummingbird feeder is a wearable hummingbird feeder. While not wildly popular, it has a niche following and at least 700 have been sold in the United States and Canada.
- Wallace, Amy (December 25, 2010). “Prototype Behind the Many Faces of Innovation, 2010”. The New York Times. Retrieved 2010-12-27.
Mr. Doss, whose tiny creative enterprise, Doss Products, is based in a chilly cow barn just south of Eureka, Calif., is the proud inventor of a hummingbird feeder that he calls the :–2＜: (pronounced “eye 2 eye”). …
- “Kandle Heeter”. RV News. October 1, 2006. Retrieved 2010-12-27.
Doyle Doss is a scientist and inventor in environment and energy related products. A Viet-Nam era veteran, he returned to school and completed his formal education with a B.S. in Natural Resources and Computer Science. He had the good fortune to work with early global computer models which sought to depict the impact of population on global resources. Mr. Doss was impressed with the absolute need for efficiency of use and for conservation of all natural resources and over the subsequent years has brought several low tech alternative solutions to market that conserve resource use and increase effectiveness.
- “Doyle Doss – Megan’s Law”. California Department of Justice, Office of the Attorney General. Archived from the original on December 3, 2014. Retrieved December 2, 2014. The state of California website for Doyle Doss returns a report stating that Doss is registered for the offense of “lewd or lascivious acts with a child under 14 years of age.”
- “Wearable Hummingbird Feeder”. Craziest Gadgets. Retrieved January 13, 2013.
- Garske, Monica (January 3, 2011). “Latest Buzz: Man Invents Wearable Hummingbird Feeder”. AOL News. Archived from the original on December 18, 2012. Retrieved January 16, 2013.
- Netburn, Deborah (April 29, 2010). “Hummingbird-feeder mask gets inventor close to action”. Los Angeles Times. Retrieved January 13, 2013.
- “Man Invents Wearable Hummingbird Feeder”. Free On Line Library. January 23, 2011. Retrieved January 13, 2013.
- “700 Helmet hummingbird feeders floating around North America”. Animaltourism.com. Retrieved January 13, 2013.
- Doran, Bob (December 27, 2010). “Local Inventor in NYT”. Humboldt County, California: The Journal. Archived from the original on February 20, 2013. Retrieved January 13, 2013.